Showing your gaming skill by streaming games on various social media like Twitch, Facebook, YouTube and other similar platform is now a must for many gamers. As a hardcore gamer you a bought a brand new shiny Nintendo Switch to your house just to figure that Nintendo doesn’t support streaming yet. What would you?
Nintendo is the latest gaming sensation that broke its own record of selling more number of consoles in a single month. But unfortunately, Nintendo still lacks some features like the online streaming, streaming games to platforms like Twitch, recording games and much more. Nintendo has promised that all the missing features will be adding to the system with some software updates in future.
Currently, there is no specific date announced about the addition of these features. We shall wait to see when that is coming. Until then you can use other third party methods to stream Games directly to the social platforms.
How to Live Stream Games from Nintendo Switch on Twitch, Facebook, and YouTube
For streaming Nintendo Switch game, you need to have a Gaming Capture card. Gaming capture card can be found on Amazon for as low as $120. There are two types of capture card available. I suggest you buying one that is similar to the image below.
- The very first step is to connect your new gaming capture card to your PC via USB cable.
Note- To make this article work for you, you have to dock your switch in TV mode.
- Get an HDMI cable and plug one end into the Nintendo Switch dock and another end into the HDMI input port of capture card.
- Now get another HDMI cable, plug one end into your TV and another into the HDMI output port on the capture card.
- If everything is followed as mentioned, you should see the game on both TV and PC.
- Now go to the official website of your capture card and download the software. Open the software on PC and hit record.
- This will record your gaming season.
- If recording game was your only thing, then you are done here. For my other friends who are looking to live stream that game, please read further.
- To stream game to Twitch, YouTube and Facebook, we have to go one step further. We have to download and install broadcasting software on PC. There are many paid options, but I found a free alternative.
- The software called XSplit. Download the software and install on your PC.
- Open the software and select your capture card as the source and select your platform and strat live streaming.
After following all the above mentioned step, you should have successfully streamed your gaming skill with your fans and others who live games.