Qualcomm, the world famous smartphone chipset maker, unveiled the beastly Snapdragon 835 earlier at the starting of this year, and now it has come up with the processors that’ll be the heart of the budget smartphones coming forward. The Snapdragon 660 and 630 SoC has been designed to give smart devices a bang for the buck. The remarkable options are the AI on a chip, professional range dual camera support, updated Bluetooth 5 and X12 LTE Modem for more speed in LTE among other features.
Let us tell you an interesting thing- these two chipsets, Snapdragon 660 and 630, are a face upliftment of the previous-gen SoCs- Snapdragon 653 and 625 respectively.
What we can expect after seeing the Claims by the Qualcomm
- Faster processing power than the previous two chipsets.
- Better Power Management to provide smart power saving.
- Better graphics when coupled with upgraded GPUs.
- Smarter and upgraded connectivity options.
What Qualcomm says-
Kedar Kondap, vice president, product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. expresses about a lot of potentials of these two new chips-
“With the introduce of the Snapdragon 660 and 630 Mobile Platforms, we are thrilled and excited as well that features such as improved graphics that will deliver superior image quality and faster LTE speeds will now be available in a wide array of devices without sacrificing either performance or quality.”
A special note:
- These two chips are made 14nm chipset architecture which is famous for the ultimate smartphone experience. Both the chipset got 20% more processing power inbuilt compared than the previous devices and 30% more improvement in graphics.
New Adreno 512 GPU-
- This new GPU is attached to the new processor so that it can produce unimaginable graphics experiences for the users. The Adreno 512 is 30%-40% efficient in performance than the predecessor Adreno 508.
Quick Charge 4:
- You may know about quick charge 3.0 version which lets users charge their phones at an unbelievable speed. Qualcomm introduces Quick charge 4.0 that can charge your phone more than 50% in just 15 minutes!
A new invention-
- New chipsets consume 50%-60% less power in location service and 50% less when connected to Wi-Fi.
Spectra 160 premium camera ISP:
- This new invention has taken the tech world upside down since Qualcomm releases the performance of it. It improved image processing abilities and high-quality raw image production. You can include dual camera setups easily using these SoCs. The hexagon 680 DSP and SD 660 has taken the visual and audio processing into a new height.
Higher RAM attachment capability:
- These two new chips can be attached to up to 8 GB DDR3 RAM.
Improved Wireless Connectivity:
- The latest SD 660 also included here with 2×2 MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wi-Fi — far improved wireless network.
Let us know your take about this huge upgrade over almost everything. We are here to know your reaction. Please leave comments here in below.